Improve Your Community. Improve Your Life.
Join Our Elite Team Of Turf Tamers.
The #1 Commercial Landscape Franchise in America
Let’s get straight to the point. You’re thinking about buying a U.S. Lawns franchise. Here’s what you should know right away:
U.S. Lawns is the largest and fastest-growing franchise in commercial landscaping. With 270+ locations from coast to coast, we combine local service with national resources. Founded in 1986, we operate from our home office in Orlando, Florida.
After more than 25 years in business, we're growing faster than ever. It’s a very exciting time to be part of U.S. Lawns. But don't just take our word for it. Click on the button below to read reviews of U.S. Lawns from our current franchisees.
Top reasons to join U.S. Lawns:
- Nationally Proven Processes. Unlock a system that has produced successful landscape franchises for decades.
- Training. We’ll teach you everything you need to know about the business.
- Resources. Enjoy administrative, operational, marketing and training support--without the payroll.
- Purchasing Power. Access the purchasing power of a national company, including special rates and discounts.
- Big Brand Recognition. Own a business with an established reputation and over 25 years in the green industry.
- Protected Territory. One owner per territory. That’s your protected home turf.
- Recurring Revenue. From day one, you’ll hit the ground running, possibly with built-in revenue.
- Low Investment. For a low investment, you’ll have the opportunity to earn an income you never thought possible.
Why We’re Green
Since you’re here, we’ll let you in on a secret. We’re not really in the landscape business. We’re in the service business.
Wait. Couldn’t we do that in any industry? Sure; but commercial landscaping lets us run a successful operation, and help our customers profit as well. It’s a $50 billion industry where everyone can win.
- What Recession? Even in a down economy, grass needs to be cut.
- Job Security. Foliage grows back every year, without exception.
- Four Seasons. You can switch to snow plowing in winter, if you live in a cold climate.
- Open Market. Believe it or not, the top 50 companies in the landscape industry generate about 15% of the revenue. That means it’s fair game for everybody else to grab a share. Including you.
But at the end of the day, there’s something meaningful in nature. We like making communities more beautiful. And that’s why we’re proud to be green.
A Sustainable Business
These days in the green industry, you hear a lot about “sustainability.” What you may not know is how commercial landscaping can grow a sustainable business.
Put simply, a sustainable business is one that generates a consistent and dependable revenue stream. Because commercial landscaping consists of large contracts that are generally renewed from year to year, it’s built to be sustainable.
Residential vs. Commercial
Why do we only work with business customers? Because commercial work is more sustainable … and more profitable.
Ever thought about the differences between commercial and residential landscaping? We have. Here are a few important ones:
- Grounds care is a budgeted item for businesses, not a discretionary expense.
- You can generate more revenue with fewer clients.
- Contracts require regularly scheduled service and are usually renewed every year.
- Be a business professional yourself, managing a team--not someone on a lawn mower.
Every area needs a strong economy to grow. As a U.S. Lawns franchisee, you can be proud of your contribution to the local business community. Making companies in your neighborhood more beautiful helps attract customers and revenue to your city. Be the owner of a small business that promotes other small businesses. Properties we serve include:
- Office Complexes
- Retail Centers & Malls
- Medical Facilities
- Apartment Complexes
- Assisted Living
- Hotels & Resorts
- Industrial Sites
- Condo Associations
- Homeowners’ Associations
- Landscape Management
- Mow, edge, weed, prune, trim, cleanup
- Irrigation Design & Management
- Fertilization & Pest Control
- Seasonal Color Design & Installation
- Bed preparation, plant, pinch, prune
- Arbor Care
- Select Services
- Mulch, renovation, aeration, dethatching, custom services
- Snow & Ice Management (Seasonal Markets)
Why Franchising Works
In today’s economy, more aspiring business owners are realizing their dreams through franchise opportunities.
It’s simple. Franchising provides local business owners with national brand recognition, for an instant competitive edge. You can enter the marketplace with a proven business model, ready-made infrastructure, and national network of support. From day one, you’ll have answers at your disposal, instead of the uncertainty that can plague small startups.
Launch your business with a time-tested roadmap for success. Accelerate your growth and earn revenue faster. Access a network of experts who are here to help you prosper. Be in business for yourself, not by yourself.
Why U.S. Lawns
If you’re looking for a franchise, you’ll find literally thousands of options. Picking the right one might feel like searching for a coin in the grass. Let us help you narrow the field:
- U.S. Lawns is one of the top 10 largest landscape companies in the country.
- Forbes named us one of the “Top 20 Franchises to Start.”
- Entrepreneur Magazine ranked us #131 on their Franchise 500 list.
- Success Magazine highlighted us as one of “10 Franchises We Love.”
- Numerous sources have cited us as one of the best “Military Friendly Franchises” for veterans, including GI Jobs.
- We are 100% committed to franchisee success. Every U.S. Lawns location is owned by a franchisee, which means we have no company locations and no conflicts of interest.
Your Own Territory
When you own a U.S. Lawns franchise, we protect your territory. That means we agree not to establish another franchise within the area assigned to you. A territory is typically an area within a 20-25 minute drive time from your base of operations, and which contains enough commercial property to grow a sustainable business.
By working in your own “neighborhood,” you can establish credibility and build connections within the community ... all the while leveraging the power of a national brand.
There's a reason we serve local businesses through the Great Outdoors. Our company was founded in Central Florida, where pinelands, lakes, oceans and more form a rich treasure of ecosystems. U.S. Lawns has always been a green company, in every sense of the word. Our environmental practices form a cornerstone of our identity, and as landscape professionals we are deeply committed to conservation.
If nature and outdoor life are important to you, you'll fit right in at U.S. Lawns.
- Stewards of the Land. We actively embrace environmental issues and make sustainability a central focus of our work.
- Practice What We Preach. We train our teams to engage in responsible horticulture practices.
- Conservation is Our Mission. We seek solutions that protect natural habitats, encourage water conservation and minimize waste.
Depend on the Power of the Network
Owning a U.S. Lawns franchise means joining a close network of supportive peers and mentors across the nation. From coast to coast, our 260+ locations follow the same processes, receive the same training, and strive for the U.S. Lawns standard of excellence.
Being part of the network has other advantages. Like a dedicated Advisor who’s assigned to help you reach your business goals from day one. Or the purchasing power of a national company when it comes to buying supplies and equipment.
Assistance is never more than a phone call away. Our national support team is always there to answer your questions and provide you with advice. As a U.S. Lawns franchisee, you are never alone. Go in business for yourself, not by yourself.
National Organizations and Local Partnerships
In addition, U.S. Lawns is active in organizations whose members include our clients and prospective clients: property managers and commercial property owners. We build these relationships at the local, regional and national level, so that we may better understand the needs of our customer base.
Our goal is 100% customer retention.
- Building Owners Managers Association
- International Facility Managers Association
- Community Association Institute
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- National Association of Industrial Office Properties
- National Apartment Association
Sales and Marketing
One of the biggest questions for any entrepreneur is, "How do I promote my business?" At U.S. Lawns, we take all the guesswork out of marketing, advertising and sales. With our national resources, we're able to develop materials, strategies and campaigns with large-company quality and a recognized brand. Simply order your materials, tailored to your needs, and start spreading the word about your new U.S. Lawns franchise.
- Database of prospective customers
- Sales training
- Direct mail
- Digital marketing
- Presentation folders
- Stationery package
- Trade show materials
At U.S. Lawns, our commitment to education is unparalleled. As a franchisee, you’ll enjoy our renowned training programs, starting with six days at our home office in Orlando. There, you’ll learn industry secrets and best practices from leading experts in the commercial landscape business. After you return home, a dedicated Advisor will be on hand to provide additional and ongoing support.
Once a year, every U.S. Lawns owner is invited to an annual conference held in various cities across the country, where we learn together and celebrate our collective success.
What You'll Learn
You don’t have be a business wiz or an experienced landscaper to join the U.S. Lawns team. If you’re hard working, service oriented, and willing to learn, here’s what our acclaimed program can teach you:
- Horticulture (plants)
- Agronomics (land)
- Bidding and estimating
- Routing and scheduling
- Life of a job
- Financial management
- Quality control
- Office setup
- U.S. Lawns business model for success
- Customer acquisition
- Prospect identification
- Establishing your business network
Join a Family
Because territories are protected, our owners never compete for business. Instead, they form strong bonds of camaraderie. We constantly hear about the support franchisees give one another, whether it’s advice or referrals. Franchisees participate on committees and elect members to bring relevant ideas from the field to the Home Office. That team spirit is part of every Annual Conference, especially when everyone stands to join in the U.S. Lawns chant. We simply love what we do, and the positive attitude is contagious.
Software and Systems
We provide all the operational systems needed to run your business efficiently, including administrative, HR and financial software.
HindSite, our operations program, helps with billing, scheduling and real-time job tracking.
The U.S. Lawns Intranet, known as FranConnect, is your complete resource for:
- Management forms
- Employee development
- Field operations and manuals
- Supply pricing and ordering
- Financials reporting
- Directory of suppliers
- Customer communications
- Marketing presentations
- Photo library
Our purchasing partners are national brands we’ve formed relationships with throughout our 25+ years in business. Take a look at the wide variety of products you’ll enjoy special discounts, events and opportunities with when you start your U.S. Lawns business.
- Two-cycle equipment
- Snow equipment
- Plant material
- Professional Employee Organization
- Insurance programs
- Stationery forms
So, what does a U.S. Lawns franchise cost? Probably less than you'd think. Compared to many franchise opportunities, your monetary investment in a U.S. Lawns business is quite small. Put simply, we need you to be financially responsible; but we're equally concerned with how much time, energy and passion you invest in your franchise. Take a look at our cost chart on the right and see if it fits your budget. You may even qualify to finance the franchise fee and equipment. If you already own a landscaping business, you'll want to check out the "Conversions" slide.
If you already own and operate a landscape company, it costs much less to "convert" your business to a U.S. Lawns franchise than to start from scratch. That's partially because you already have the basic equipment and employees you'll need. However, franchising is about consistency, so we will ask you to make some changes. Because of this, we offer special financing and discounts exclusively for conversions, to help you make the transition as smoothly as possible.
U.S. Lawns is consistently named one of America's top franchises for vets. We understand how difficult it is to serve your country overseas, then return to a bad economy and expect to find work. So, we want to make it a little easier for you.
At U.S. Lawns, we recognize the tremendous sacrifices veterans have made for our country. As a proud supporter of the VetFran initiative, we are excited to offer the following incentives to honorably discharged veterans:
- $5,000 Discount off our Franchise Fee
- 90% Financing of the Franchise Fee
Because we stress discipline, uniformity and excellence, veteran franchisees generally thrive in our company and become highly successful business owners.
Convert Your Landscape Business
Set Yourself Up for Financial Success
If you already own a landscaping business, there's no need to struggle on your own. For over 25 years, U.S. Lawns has leveraged national resources and brand recognition to help local business owners like you take the lead in the marketplace. Find out why so many landscapers are partnering with U.S. Lawns to actualize their financial potential. Click here to learn about special financing options for existing landscape business owners.
What Makes A Successful Franchisee?
Not everyone can be a member of the U.S. Lawns grounds care corps. We look for dedicated individuals who are service-oriented, in pursuit of excellence, and care about making a difference in their communities. You do not need to have landscape industry experience; in fact, our franchisees come from a variety of backgrounds. But if you do have the following attributes, U.S. Lawns just might be for you:
- Self Motivation. Do you have the inner drive to succeed in business?
- Leadership Skills. Can you manage, delegate and lead an organization?
- Service Mentality. Do you enjoy helping to make others' lives better?
- Good Communication Skills. How comfortable do you feel interacting with professionals and promoting your business within the community?
"There's no way that I could have grown my company as quickly and as big as I've gotten it in this amount of time. If I did not have the support and if I didn't have the name behind me, I wouldn't be getting jobs that I'm getting." – Ben Harrell, franchisee, Lowell, AR
“U.S. Lawns has helped me obtain my business goals by giving me the foundation to start and grow a business and give me financial independence.” – Kevin McLaren, franchisee, Montgomery County, MD
"A lot of people thought I was crazy (to purchase U.S. Lawns) because I already had a decent business … I wanted something more … with U.S. Lawns, I feel comfortable and sleep much better at night knowing it’s going to be there tomorrow. It’s a great system.” – Ken Beasley, franchisee, Alexandria, LA
Congratulations! You've discovered a once-in-a-lifetime business opportunity. From here on out, it's our job to learn more about each other and ensure we're a good match. To start your three-phase discovery process, just click here. You could be the next U.S. Lawns owner in your state.
Find a Territory Near Me
U.S. lawns is growing fast, with territories all across the nation. Check out your state (or one you'd like to locate to), for some of our featured territories in the area. Want a complete list? Give us a call or click here for more information.
- Salt Lake City
- St. George
- Long Island
- White Plains
- Spring Valley
- Las Vegas
- Carson City
- College Park
- Coeur d’Alene
- Wichita Falls
- Corpus Christi
- San Marcos
- San Antonio
- San Angelo
- El Paso
- San Angelo
- Santa Fe
- Las Cruces
- St. Cloud
- St. Paul
- Sioux City
- New Haven
- State College
- Gloucester Township
- Grand Rapids
- Traverse City
- Fort Wayne
- Grand Junction
- Fort Collins
- Colorado Springs
- Green Bay
- Eau Claire
- Sioux Falls
- Rapid City
- Cape Cod
- Fall River
- New Bedford
- Bowling Green
- Los Angeles
- Bay Area
- Palo Alto
- San Luis Obispo
- Orange County
- Palm Springs
- Fernandina Beach
- Panama City
- St. Joseph
- Jefferson City