iRRIGATION Technician FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
A person who is supervised by or is a licensed irrigator per local ordinances to service, modify ad/or install irrigation systems
Major Job Responsibilities
- Professionally represents U.S. Lawns at all times.
- Able to respond properly to the client and follow up to make sure their needs have been completed to their satisfaction.
- Keeps the Owner/Manager aware of all client concerns and communication on the job site.
- Maintains positive, responsive and flexible attitude to all clients.
- Inspects site and advises client of potential liabilities.
- Can effectively communicate in English and/or Spanish what is to be learned.
- Maintains and promotes safe working conditions in the field at all times
- Wears and maintains required PPE at all times as per local, state, federal, and OSHA laws.
- Ensures and maintains secure storage of all products and work areas by local, state, federal and OSHA laws.
- Maintains clean, neat and professional image of service vehicle & equipment
- Ensures all assigned equipment, tools, safety items, vehicles & trailers or other items are maintained in proper working order by following proper maintenance and inventory schedules.
- Is accountable for neglect and abuse of assigned equipment
- Maintains and secures equipment to include the functionality, storage and cleanliness; operates all specialty equipment used in the field under manufacturer's and Owner's directions.
- Able to maintain all jobs to bid specifications
- Maintain client satisfaction (internal and external) to ensure jobs are renewed.
- Ensures that all disturbed areas for trenching or digging are repaired back to original site specifications
- Monitors all irrigation controllers.
- Has zero loss of plant material due to poor controller monitoring.
- Knows the location of all water meters and backflow shut-off devices for each job site.
- Keeps owner/manager aware irrigation repairs needed.
- Test and run and inspect each system and record notes of the system on the Irrigation Service Request form.
- Set controllers according to contractual obligations always adhering to a water-wise approach.
- Make necessary adjustments such as adjusting Irrigation patterns, dates, times, and frequencies on timer clock/controller.
- Make necessary repairs such as breaks in the line, bad heads, nozzles, valves, wiring, etc.
- Record all work including hours spent, materials used and recommendation if renovations are required.
- Locates existing backflows, controllers, zones and valves and prepares zone charts/diagrams/legends for the systems
- Can work independently in the absence of supervision
- Can remain flexible for working with a variety of tasks daily
- Can remain on-call to respond to emergency situations.
Office and Administration
- Able to read and write English and follow written and oral instruction.
- Can organize and implement work schedule.
- Responsible for completing all require forms and following outlined procedures, both of which may change from time to time
- Keeping up with current industry products and equipment
- Follow current local, state and federal irrigation regulations and licensing
- Maintain area for irrigation parts/supplies and properly insure safety of fellow employees and self
- Shall possess a valid State driver's license appropriate to the class and capability of the vehicle(s) that they are assigned to operate, and driving record must meet company standards as well as the State requirements where the vehicle is driven.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; may read and interpret data, information and documents; observe and respond to people and situations; learn and apply new information or skills; work under deadlines; and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job family chart. They are not intended to be a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees in this job family series. Thank you for your interest in joining the U.S. Lawns team, a system of independently owned and operated franchisees. By proceeding with the application process, you acknowledge and agree that (i) all U.S. Lawns offices are independently owned and operated franchised businesses, (ii) it will be the independent franchisee, and not U.S. Lawns, Inc. who will extend any employment offers and make any subsequent employment related decisions, (iii) if you are extended an offer of employment, you will not be an employee of U.S. Lawns, Inc., and U.S. Lawns, Inc. has no responsibility or liability for any employment related decisions by any U.S. Lawns franchisee. U.S. Lawns is an Equal Opportunity Employer.