U.S. Lawns Sustainability Policy
All U.S. Lawns landscaping professionals share a deep commitment to improving communities and improving lives every day. It’s our foundation, and we remain unwavering in our pursuit to leave our world better than we found it, with the knowledge that our success is a direct result of the success and wellbeing of our employees, partners, customers and neighbors. We recognize the impact we make on our environment, and we make it an intentional goal to treat it with care and respect.
Some of the ways we’re achieving this is through a constant focus on:
- Creating a “best place to work” culture for employees;
- Being there, responsive, excellent and a friend for our partners and customers;
- Engaging in consistent community involvement, beautification of the landscape, and active dedication to environmentalism;
- Nurturing our core principles of service, discipline, integrity, professionalism, stability, community, nature and conservation;
Our action plan is constantly evolving to ensure we remain at the forefront of executing relevant steps that will best support these important focal points, some of which include:
- Giving franchisees easy access to the standards, processes, training and curriculum they need to build and maintain the right culture, while properly educating their staff on the ways we can all contribute to sustainability efforts;
- Encouraging strong community engagement and leadership through outreach programs on both local and national levels;
- Promoting recycling programs and green initiatives, such as upgrades to more efficient landscaping equipment and no-idle policies to reduce our carbon footprint, as well as water and energy conservation practices like installing SMART irrigation system controls;
- Taking advantage of natural assets offered by the landscape to support our customers’ conservation efforts – utilizing mulch, natural runoff and other techniques to help conserve water;
- Improving route density, resulting in fewer miles driven and lower greenhouse emissions;
- Making sure all U.S. Lawns locations remain in compliance with local and federal environmental regulatory requirements;
- Requiring safe, responsible application of fertilizers and pest and disease control treatments;
As nature lovers, we are committed to being responsible stewards. As such, the U.S. Lawns Home Office is in constant communication with every member of the Network, tracking progress and finding proactive solutions to better take care of our environment and leave a greener earth where our future generations can thrive. Your Turf. Our Lawn.