With A Landscape Management Partner That Knows Your Business
U.S. Lawns has spent decades managing landscapes for banks and other financial institutions as well as every variety of retail property, serving Fortune 500 companies right alongside smaller, local shopping centers. So, we know there is a whole lot more to consider than curb appeal, although that initial impression is always incredibly important.
We understand that whether you’re a property manager working for an off-site property management company with many complexes to look after, or you’re an operations or facility manager tasked with managing your retail shopping center’s landscape, you need your grounds to be welcoming and secure for tenants and shoppers.
We know your end goal is to keep every space in the retail mall filled with targeted tenants while drawing in the right patrons to keep every one of those stores thriving. We also know that the landscape can play a key role in making that happen.
In fact, if you manage your landscape properly, it will be a welcoming draw to customers, an asset to your retail shopkeepers, and can also support your community’s conservation efforts and even increase commercial real estate values.
That’s why U.S. Lawns has made it our business to understand your business. We know the value of offering a safe, comfortable environment for your customers and for their customers, and we recognize that it all begins outdoors.
It’s All About Keeping People Safe And Having Occupants In Every Space
First, there is the aesthetic value of your landscape. Bordering sidewalks with flowers is a subtle way to guide foot traffic; native plantings and ornamental grasses set off by bright splashes of seasonal floral color are great, eye-pleasing additions to your plant, shrubbery and flower beds; strategically placed trees provide an excellent windbreak and cooling shade for seating areas lining courtyards and plazas; and together, these elements work to create an environment where people want to be.
Safety is another consideration so we watch out for potential hazards on footpaths, steps, sidewalks, parking lots, or anywhere on the grounds. Common safety concerns on commercial landscapes may include:
- Wet leaves on the walkway, which can create a slipping hazard
- Cracked, crumbling or uneven pavement making parking lots, sidewalks, and stairways a potential hazard–even more so when surfaces become glazed with ice
- Overgrown shrubs which can snag passersby and provide good cover for theft
- Poor lighting which can contribute to injury caused by tripping over a curb or an unseen hardscape element, and can also elevate the risk of theft
- Debris (piles of leaves, broken branches, small sticks, trash, etc.) on walking paths and the lawn which can cause somebody to fall
- Uneven terrain caused by pests and erosion which can also create a trip hazard
- Tree branches that are blocking signage and clear views at ingress and egress areas or are growing at just the right height to endanger the eyesight of pedestrians
- Standing water caused by improper drainage or a poorly operating irrigation system–this can be a mosquito haven and cause lasting damage that will become a safety threat, not to mention the unnecessary repair or replacement expenses
- Snow packed or icy surfaces that can pose a danger to pedestrians and vehicle traffic
Request a Free,
U.S. Lawns Featured Videos
When you partner with your local U.S. Lawns, we work to minimize these hazards. Our commercial landscape management professionals will perform routine landscape maintenance services like mowing the grass, edging sidewalks, flower beds and other borders, trimming and pruning of shrubs and trees, and removal of debris, to keep your retail landscape healthy and inviting.
You can also depend on us to keep your irrigation system functioning the way it’s supposed to so you won’t be wasting precious resources watering the streets, parking lots or sidewalks.
In snow and ice regions, we’ll be there in the wintertime, pre-treating surfaces, shoveling sidewalks and plowing snow off of parking and driving areas.
We can even work with you to renovate your landscape, adding new plantings and hardscapes to improve the quality of your grounds and elevate the value of your property.
U.S. Lawns is your all-season landscaping partner–responsive, disciplined, professional, knowledgeable, and always there.
Contact us today and find out how partnering with the country’s top commercial landscape management team will free up more of your time to spend on all the other tasks at hand, while making you look like the pro you are.