Major Job Responsibilities
- Report to work on time.
- Remove loose trash and debris from landscape area before mowing.
- Remove weeds from sidewalks, curb lines, and mulch beds.
- Report property damage to Foreman or Lead Person.
- Help crew load and unload equipment at the job site.
- Always be courteous.
- Always wear a clean uniform.
- Know what to do if a client or anyone else asks a question.
- Learn to use the proper equipment for the job being performed.
- Become certified in the training/certification program for the designated pieces of equipment (21″ mower, 36″ mower, 48″ & 60″ mower, riding mower, blower, edger and weedeater).
- Learn to service/perform the necessary preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Learn the proper loading and unloading of equipment.
- Attend/participate in company orientation program before performing any work.
- Learn to adhere to all company safety rules/policies.
- Must attend and participate in all tailgate meetings.
- Must use appropriate safety equipment when necessary.
- Has a “can-do” attitude
- Gets a job done on time and knows what to do next.
- Volunteers to take on a new or different job, project or responsibility.
- Goes beyond what is expected to do a better job.
- Must be a “team player”.Must get along with all co-workers.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; may read and interpret data, information and documents; observe and respond to people and situations; learn and apply new information or skills; work under deadlines; and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job family chart. They are not intended to be a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees in this job family series. Thank you for your interest in joining the U.S. Lawns team, a system of independently owned and operated franchisees. By proceeding with the application process, you acknowledge and agree that (i) all U.S. Lawns offices are independently owned and operated franchised businesses, (ii) it will be the independent franchisee, and not U.S. Lawns, Inc. who will extend any employment offers and make any subsequent employment related decisions, (iii) if you are extended an offer of employment, you will not be an employee of U.S. Lawns, Inc., and U.S. Lawns, Inc. has no responsibility or liability for any employment related decisions by any U.S. Lawns franchisee. U.S. Lawns is an Equal Opportunity Employer.