Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Business Developer (FLSA Status: Non-Exempt) is an essential part of the U.S. Lawns team. In this role you will be actively prospecting for new commercial customers primarily in person (door to door). Primary focus is creating rapport, credibility and building trust based relationships with key decision makers, which will lead to opportunities for you to be able to present a proposal for landscape management services.
Major Job Responsibilities
Esential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may also be assigned.
- Working with prospective customers to discover their “points of pain” and develop solutions
- Build and maintain trust-based professional relationships with key decision makers
- Work at a fast pace environment while operating with a high sense of urgency
- Communicate proactively with all decision makers and influencers
- Plan daily, hit specific activity benchmarks and close business
- Work well with the operations team members, leveraging their expertise with yours. Collaboratively work with owner to build a book of business
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Face-to-face (B2B) selling experience is helpful but not required, we offer training programs specific to this role
- Experience managing multiple projects and able to multi-task
- Proficient with computer software programs including MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to build client-centric and solution/value-based proposals
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers and internal staff.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job family chart. They are not intended to be a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees in this job family series.